Ng Wing Chun
Wing Chun is the original MMA. When it was developed, many different systems and styles of fighting from the Shaolin temple were incorporated into it for maximum efficiency. The objective of Wing Chun is Economy of Motion, or maximum damage with minimum effort. Our system of Wing Chun traces its lineage all the way back to the Shaolin temple (over 1500 years), and it is named for Sijo L.R. Gray's teacher, Dr. John Wing Lok Ng. The difference in our Wing Chun and some other systems of Wing Chun is that our art incorporates the three original Chinese internal styles: Tai Chi, Ba Gua, and Xing Yi. In this course you will learn:
· The 53 Dragon Method (The "meat and potatoes" of our art)
· The 5 star method (Reading the body's movements)
· Full Cycle Technique vs Half Cycle Technique
· To increase your sense of touch so that seeing your opponent is unnecessary
· To engage your whole body when defending yourself
This course is low impact, low-medium intensity, and is recommended for anyone who is possibly unable to overpower an attacker in a given situation.